Dr. Emery Karst
Cosmetic Dentist in Salem, ORDr. Emery Karst
Dr. Karst, a graduate of Loma Linda University's School of Dentistry, has practiced cosmetic dentistry in Salem for over 25 years. Dr. Karst graduated in the top 10% of his class. A pioneer in such cosmetic techniques as porcelain laminate veneers, he has been administering aesthetic dentistry to his patients since the '80's.
- Has helped develop cosmetic dentistry techniques such as porcelain laminate veneers.
- Has developed a more accurate technique in endodontics, that was published in the June 2003 issue of "Dentistry Today".
- Was also published in the October 2003 issue about an improved technique for placing white composite fillings.
- Was an instructor at the Dental School at Oregon Health Sciences University.
- Was invited to be chairman of the Crown and Bridge Department at Loma Linda University School of Dentistry.
- Has an affinity for cosmetic "computer imaging" so that patients can see their perfect "virtual smile" before any dental work is done.
Dr. Karst is very active in his church, having held many of the offices. He sings in the church's statewide men's chorus that has traveled internationally. He enjoys sports, including the Portland Trailblazers basketball team, skiing, ice-skating, racquetball and other individual sports.
Digital photography is another of his passions. He uses it extensively in his practice for recording images to send to dental labs for achieving correct color and shapes for porcelain crowns and veneers, and recording "before and after" images of the cosmetic cases that he has done. These can be seen on this website.
"My staff and I give the 5-star, red-carpet treatment to all our patients. We designed every aspect of our new facility to cater to patient comfort and accommodate them in high-tech style. We offer complimentary massages, heated blankets, scented steaming facetowels, amenities in the restrooms - we want our patients to feel as though they've just been to the spa or a luxurious hotel, not the dental office of yesterday."